Priority Schools Program Inclusion 2013-2014– WIN BIG!
Berkeley West has nominated for inclusion in the next stage of Priority Schools Program (PSP) funding from 2013-14. Basically, if successful in achieveing PSP status, our school remains eligible for continuation of additional funding, currently worth approximately $350000 a year!
Schools are identified for inclusion in the PSP from a voluntary survey of school communities conducted every four years. Current support for Berkeley West through PSP will expire at the end of this year.
You will be asked to participate in a confidential survey in the week 5 to 9 March 2012 to identify schools for PSP funding for 2013-14. It is extremely important we get all surveys back from all families. Imagine the difference that $350000 a year` will make for your child's school and education! This funding will help schools to focus on improving literacy, numeracy and participation outcomes for students.
The PSP Survey:
· is an established process that is transparent, rigorous and fair
· will protect the anonymity of families
· form has been simplified and is easy to understand
· will give a high quality result.
All students whose families return their survey by Friday 9 March will not only receive a free iceblock at school, but be automatically entered into the draw for some great prizes!
Return your families survey by the deadline to be in the running for-
· a $50 school canteen spending voucher (X2 to be won):
· a $50 Bi-Lo shopping card (X2 to be won); and
· a $50 school uniform voucher at the school uniform shop (X6 to be won).
All you have to do is take a couple of minutes to complete and return your family survey after they are sent home on Monday 5 March!