Free Active After-school Communities starting soon!
A free active after-school communities program kicks off at our school on Monday 13 February.
- The Active After-school Communities (AASC) program is a national initiative providing primary school children with the opportunity to participate in physical activity programs between the hours of 3:10-4:10pm.
- It is a Government funded initiative with its main objective to get non-active children involved in physical activities.
- 2 Sessions run per week for seven weeks of each term. One session is allocated for K-2 (Infants) on a Thursday afternoon and the other session is allocated for 3-6 (Primary) students on a Monday afternoon.
- Only 32 positions will be available for each session. However those who do not meet the required school discipline program will not be able to attend.
- Active After-school Communities will provide a free nutritious afternoon tea for all students participating
- Expression of interest notes were recently distributed to all students in Years 1-6. If you are interested, please return notes as soon as possible to school with your child.
- Students involved simply remain at school on the day of their activity time and parents are welcome to come and watch their kids be active! Parents must be present to take home their child at 4pm.
If you have any questions regarding the program contact Miss Swaney at school.
Permission note (pdf, 131 KB)