The purpose of this meeting is to signify Berkeley West's commitment to Aboriginal Education at school through:
· the promotion of Aboriginal culture and tradition in lessons
· recognition of the need for reconciliation appropriate to the level of understanding of our students
· the continuation of the" acknowledgement to country" at all official school events
· the signing of the agreement by the Principal or nominee from the school and the representative of the AECG
· the invitation of all Aboriginal students, as well as parents and caregivers of Aboriginal students to witness this meeting
· the provision of some support time (provided by Mrs. Norrie) to assist Aboriginal students with various school commitments including; the completion of PLP (Personal Learning Plan) for each student, attendance, integration to high school, building family links through the Infants and Primary – through High School and University
All Aboriginal students will be in attendance and I know that they would appreciate your attendance at the meeting to witness the signing of the document.
Afternoon tea will be served and the function will conclude by 3pm.